Sunday, May 30, 2010

Homemade Headboard

I know I've mentioned several times that Kris is a great handyman, and I love that, and very thankful for his skillz.  He has been able to fix, install, and make a lot of things. 

When we moved into this house we knew we wanted a king-size bed, which meant no headboard, because our prior bed was a qeeen.  Kris said, "I'll make one". 
We've seen them do it on HGTV all the time, and it didn't look too hard. 

I took a few pictures of the headboard making in process, but I lost the memory card to the camera. 
Luckily that's all that was on there. 

We bought a cheap wooden door at Lowe's. 
Batting and fabric from Hobby Lobby.

Wrapped the batting and fabric around the door, and voila! 

Ok, so there may have been more steps, but you get the idea. 
The fabric is a faux leather, which I think turned out nicely.

I bought off Etsy a monogrammed wall decal of a K to place above the headboard, but handyman has been hesitant to hang that up.  Guess he's not looking forward to it, but I think it will complete the look.
I'll post a picture when that's been done.  :)

Thank you Kris for all you do into making our house a home.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment