Saturday, October 8, 2011

Saturday Scene

I thought this angle of Levi was funny.  
His head looks so big, but I was trying to get a picture of his shoes.
Aren't they precious?  Thanks Lukie!

Our neighbors have two huge horses great dane dogs and the fence between us is due to be replaced.  
They love to stand on their hind legs and look over the fence.  Yes, they are that big!  
Well the fence is starting to lean because of this, and now the boards are coming down.  
Jacob was playing outside and he came in and said, "mommy, the dog is trying to come over."

***************************

I was so excited to put on a pair of jeans today that are 2 sizes smaller than what I was wearing a couple of months ago.  Kris and I have been watching what we're eating and trying to make better decisions.  Kris has lost 20lbs and I'm see-sawing between 13-15.  It feels great, but I've got a long way to go.  

Kris went to the Razorback game tonight and on my way home from my sisters with the boys, I stopped and got Chick-fil-A.  
I knew it wasn't a good choice, but I figured I would share with Levi and I didn't get fries.  

Anywho... upon coming to a stop after I got off our exit, I noticed a woman with a sign that said 'Tired and Hungry'.  I looked in my review mirror, because I knew she would have to cross a couple of lanes to get to me, made sure it was safe, and rolled down my window and held out the bag of food.  She came over, took the bag and I said oh, here's a drink too.  She said, "God bless you" and I drove away.  

I'm not saying this to toot my own horn, but it felt so good to give.  
I know some people may not trust people in that situation, but I felt led to help.
I encourage everyone to help when they can.  

I knew Jacob would wonder what I was doing, and of course he had questions.
He asked, "where's your food mommy?"  
I told him I gave it away and he asked why.  
I said because she was hungry.  And he said mommy you have to eat.  
I said it's ok, I'll find something at home.  
Thoughtful boy.  I hope we teach our boys the importance of helping others and not to take anything for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment