Friday, April 30, 2010

I'm Bringing Back The Top 10 Lists


Top 10 College Basketball Recruits For 2010 (in my opinion of course)

The final rankings for 2010 recruits have been released and the braided man above has dropped from the #1 spot to #6. Anybody that has talked to me about recruiting knows that I never considered Brandon Knight to be the best high school player in the country anyway, but it was nice for the Cats to have the #1 guy. Oh well. Kansas signee and former UK recruit Josh Selby has moved to the top of the Rivals.com rankings. UK's very large Enes (Kanter) enters the rankings as the top center and #3 overall. Now is the time to forget these silly rankings which were made by people who watch these kids many times and listen to the rankings of a balding, outta shape blogger sittin in a recliner in his underwear who has watched them in a couple of all star games and maybe a few YouTube videos. These are my top 10 guys to watch next year as they enter college basketball. These are my diaper dandies. Last year I thought Daniel Orton was underrated and Demarcus Cousins was overrated. I nailed that one, so you'll wanna pay attention here. I did think John Wall was the man. Last year's predictions weren't all bad. I didn't think Cousins was garbage. I just didn't think he was the 2nd best player in the class. I thought Georgia Tech's Derrick Favors looked like the best big man. The NBA might still think he is. Favors or Cousins will more than likely battle it out to be the first big man drafted next month. Here we go. The JV Top 10.

10. Cory Joseph - Texas - There are several really good point guards in this class. Joseph is definitely one of them. He will be great at Texas.

9. Perry Jones - Baylor - This guy is tall (6'11") and skilled. He reminds me of a little bit taller Tayshaun, with Tay being the better shooter and Jones the better inside player. The only bad thing about Jones is that he's going to Baylor and you'll never hear from him again.

8. Jared Sullinger - Ohio State - This is a big man that I love. He's got that wide body with the big butt that you love to see on a post player. He can also step out and hit jumpers. He was schooled repeatedly by big Enes at the Nike Hoop Summit game.

7. Terrance Jones - undecided - Jones will announce his college choice this afternoon and we all hope it's UK, don't we? He is a very skilled wf/pf, and at 6'9" he can dominate inside and out. It amazes me (based on my limited viewings) that he didn't crack the Rivals top 10. He's in mine, unless he goes to Washington, in which case he immediately sucks.

6. Brandon Knight - Kentucky - I love Brandon Knight. When I say I don't think he's the best point guard in the class it doesn't mean that I think he's no good. He's very good. It's just that the 2 I rate above him are also fabulous. Knight can shoot it, which is different from past UK point guards. He's the guy Coach Cal wanted in this class over everybody else. Cal knows a little about what to look for. His last #6 rated recruit was just named the NBA Rookie Of The Year.

5. Tobias Harris - Tennessee - Another player I love, and the big man I wanted the most at UK. He's going to UT though after hearing the Bruce Pearl charm. I'm glad he's going to the SEC, but I really really hate UT. I hope he's a one and done, and I think he will be. Very good player.

4. Josh Selby - Kansas - Electric point guard who could also play shooting guard. This guy is the closest thing to John Wall that you will find in this class. Very athletic and flashy. He won the McDonalds All American dunk contest. There are rumors of attitude problems and selfish play, but there were rumors of that with Boogie last year so wait and see for yourself. I wanted Selby at UK.

3. Enes Kanter - Kentucky - The big Turk dominated the Nike Hoop Summit and shot up the ranking like he'd been put into a cannon. Lets all hope he's as good as he looked that night. The Cats are gonna need use their Enes a whole lot this year to be successful. Lets just pray that we can get him some help down low. I don't know if this Enes can go all night or not. Sorry. I can't quit.

2. Kyrie Irving - Duke - It pains me greatly to put a Dukie this high but I love Irving. It was really a toss up when I tried to decide who to make my #1. Irving, in my opinion, is clearly the best pg prospect. I hope he fails miserably basketball wise at Duke. I hope he earns his degree and gets a good job though. He's special. He's also got mental issues. He signed with Duke.

1. Harrison Barnes - North Carolina - This guy is gonna be good. He can do it all and didn't get to show it as much in the all star games, although he did fare well in those too. He's a small forward prospect who could also probably play some shooting guard. Another guy who I wanted at UK, but we never really had a shot because the coach who initiated our talks with him was drunk (Billy G) and then the new coach who went to talk to him was probably drunk too (Strickland). Then the third coach who recruited him did it in Spanish (Antigua). We never had a chance. I made all that up about the coaches.



There you have it. The JV top 10. Watch college basketball next year and then come back to this post and tell me how right I was.



Vote in the new poll for next week's top 10 list

No comments:

Post a Comment