Monday, July 25, 2011

Puppy Love

When I was a kid, every other summer, my mom, sister, aunt, cousin and I would drive to Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania to visit my mom's family.  
{Then the following summer, they would drive to Arkansas to see us!}

I vividly remember my dad giving me a $20 bill for one of the trips.  Like that would last long - HA!  
However, I saved my money and when we returned home I bought something I always wanted - a Pound Puppy!
Do you remember those?!?!  I believe the year was 1986.

I nicknamed my Pound Puppy from a boy I had a crush on at church camp - Clint.
Clint (the puppy) followed me everywhere.  He became an extra pillow in my bed, so much, that I got used to it and when I moved out of my parents house, Clint went with me.  Then I moved to NWA, so did Clint.  
Then I got married and had to introduce Kris to Clint.  :)  

Clint now has a new name - simply, Puppy Dog.
And he has a new owner. :)

Jacob proudly sleeps with him and even during those nights when Jacob climbs into our bed at 2am, he's got Puppy Dog with him.  :)  Puppy Dog looks like he's been around the block a few times.   
He's like 175 in dog years! :)

I think it's so sweet to think back when I was 11 years old and using Puppy Dog as a pillow watching Smurfs Saturday mornings and now seeing Jacob playing with him.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment